Wednesday, December 2, 2009

GiveAway Day is HERE!


I am SO excited to be able to participate in SewMamaSew's(www.sewmamasew.com/blog2) big giveaway day!!! This is one of my favorite blogs and shops...if you haven't visited it...do!

My Etsy shop is currently my crafting outlet. I started it because friends kept asking me about items I had made for my own family. It features handmade and hand-designed items to help you live a more sustainable lifestyle. I thought it was only fitting if I include some of my family's favorite items in my giveaway.

First, a set of 2 reusable cloth lunchbox napkins in a festive winter print. I don't know about you but it's mitten time here! I love using these napkins for on-the-go lunches and also to add fun to family meals at home.
I consider this next item the most popular thing in my kitchen...reusable sandwich baggies! I have 2 of these baggies to add, colors not yet determined.

And third, another winter essential... hankies. These are oh-so-soft on your nose. They are made from repurposed flannel. This part of the giveaway will be a set of 6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are the rules: This giveaway will run from today through Dec 6th with items shipped around Dec 12th. Sorry, but I'm keeping this specific giveaway open to addresses in the USA and Canada only. Enter first just by commenting. You can increase your chances by also joining my FaceBook fan page and letting me know you did by commenting on here, and also by visiting my Etsy shop (SustainableHomestead.Etsy.com) and commenting here about your favorite item. So, that gives you up to 3 chances. I will chose winners at random and email you - please be sure I have your email address.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOOD LUCK, HAPPY CRAFTING AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

168 comments:

Natural Violet said...

Hello! I would love the reusable snack bags for my little guy. Great idea!

Dee said...

The napkins and hankies would be perfect stocking stuffers!

Thanks for the chance to win such a great giveaway!
Merry Christmas!
mayhem5@softhome.net
http://thequiltingdee.blogspot.com/

Dresden Quilter said...

These are all fantastic. I have never seen reusable sandwich baggies. Thanks for the wonderful giveaway.

SewsCute said...

Thanks for the chance to win. I think any of these prizes would be really useful!

Allison said...

i love those reusable snack bags and hankies! i've been meaning to get some.

MoniCue said...

I would love to add these sandwich bags to my lifestyle choices of cloth napkins and hankies!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the giveaway. I love your blog and am eager to learn more about your sustainable homestead!

roseann said...

ORGANIC cotton Reusable Sandwich Baggie - set of 2 my favorite at your shop.

Anonymous said...

Cool, I need to open a etsy I always have people asking me for my stuff. Great giveaway.

adriane said...

Love the reusable snack bags! Great work and ideas!
Thanks!

Melanie said...

Glad to see you doing this giveaway!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love cloth hankies! My allergies flare up without warning and I go through a horrible amount of tissues. Cloth hankies are such a perfect waste-reduction solution.

Heather said...

Those are all so great! My mom would love those bags in her stocking. I might need to keep one for myself though!
h_freund@hotmail.com

Heather said...

Oh and I really like the drawsting bags on your etsy page. Those could be used for anything!
h_Freund@hotmail.com

Katie said...

Wow, this is a great gift. I would love soft hankies cause my nose runs continuously in the winter. I also have been meaning to make a more sustainable way of making my lunch for work than plastic baggies (the bane of my existence... almost).

Anonymous said...

Tell me more about the reusable sandwich bags! Fabulous Idea!

Rachel said...

I've always wanted to have some reusable sandwich bags!

ikkinlala said...

What a great giveaway - I love how it's encouraging sustainability!

ikkinlala AT yahoo DOT ca

KJ said...

I would love to win your giveaway!

ikkinlala said...

My favourite item at your Etsy shop is the organic cotton reusable sandwich baggies.

ikkinlala AT yahoo DOT ca

crazyestonian said...

This is sew cool that you are giving away hankies :) Sometimes I wonder whether I am the last one using them because I have not seen anyone use one in years!

Coralee said...

lovely and green - thanks for the chance to win!

Katie said...

Cute and practical! I especial love the reusable snack sacks!

The Sewing Dork said...

I am trying to change over our home to all things cloth (replacing all things formerly paper). Thanks for the chance to win!
cynsaw2@hotmail.com

Jenne said...

oh, what a great giveaway! I love the idea of reusable baggies. :)

Simply Sarah said...

Great giveaway! I've been meaning to make some reusable baggies but just haven't gotten to it yet! Thanks for the giveaway!

Erika said...

Those hankies sound like they'd be really nice to have this winter!

Anonymous said...

From your ETSY Store - love the small sized napkins. I'm thinking of whipping up a batch for my family.

f said...

These are great items! Never thought about reusable sandwich baggies.

Regina said...

What a great giveaway! I would love and happily use everything. The soft hankies sound especially nice, since I've been sick. Thanks for the great giveaway!

Regina said...

I became a fan and hearted your shop too!

Kati said...

Love the reusable lunch bags! I need to learn how to make some myself!

sunshinekmp at yahoo dot com

Suzanne said...

Love your items! Things I've been meaning to make but never get around to :)

Suzanne said...

Of the stuff in your shop I think I like the reusable snack bags the best.

KimberlyFDR said...

Very nice!

AlwaysInspired said...

Very useful items! Since my hubby has to take lunch to work now these would be great!

Megan said...

Wow, that is an amazing giveaway! please sign me up! and check out my giveaway too!

megan.nadalet at gmail dot com

Angie said...

How perfect are these? (and green to boot!) Any of these would be wonderful. Thank you for the opportunity!

Kama said...

Very cool and cute! I would love to win them--perfect for a stocking stuffer!

Jessica Martin said...

cute items! thanks for the chance at winning. i think my favorite is the sandwich baggies!

muschj99 at yahoo dot com

karen said...

The reusable snack bags are a great idea! What a nice giveaway!

karen said...

The woolies in your etsy shop are great. I'm here in the WNC Mountains, too, and they look prefect for the winter!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh what great things! Thank you for the chnace!!

Kate said...

Yeah Cayce. Love your longies...it'd be fun to win some of your other goodies :-) -Kate

Heather said...

oh i love those hankies. love them.

Anonymous said...

I would love ALL of those things! kwarmelink@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the opportunity to win. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. -dez
simply.simon.sisters[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

From your shop I like your upcycled repurposed vintage lunch baggies. I love that brown fabric. Thank you for the opportunity to win. -dez
simply.simon.sisters[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Great giveaway! I hadn't thought of using hankies!

Sara said...

Really, really great prizes. I would love any of them...

nhsarab at yahoo dot com

Kimberly said...

I love these reusable things! I have just started to really get into moving away from paper/plastic products. Napkins are next on the list! And the snack bags are great! Thanks for the opportunity at such an awesome giveaway!

Jessica said...

I love reusable food bags! They are on my list of things to make.
Thanks for a chance to win.
curry(dot)jessica(at)gmail(dot)com

RyanSarahN said...

I would love the bags and hankies! Such a great idea, why have I not thought of that earlier?

RyanSarahN said...

I like your etsy shop - the mom grab bag is my favorite item.

Very Verdant said...

Love the lunch napkins.

Melissa said...

Thanks for a fun giveaway! Those hankies are brilliant. I find myself carrying around a prefold for my little kiddo's runny nose days- this would be much more convenient.

Thanks!

Melissa said...

I just visited your etsy store and I'm drooling over the custom longies slot. I've never taken the plunge to buy them- we just have boring old fitteds and covers or Fuzzibunz around here.

Morgan said...

Loving the sustainable living. I'm a cloth diaper addict who is slowly turning to cloth in all areas of my life - this would certainly give me a jump start.

Michelle Frame said...

I love the reusable snack bags. My son just started school and would love them.

britt said...

i really want the baggies. i was going to try and make some out of those capri sun juice bags and some cool material. but winning them would be soooo much better.

MM4ver said...

I love the cloth napkins I have an obsession with cloth napkins in general!
Megan
meganlfuchs at gmail dot com

Lisa said...

What a great giveaway! Thanks for the chance to win :)

Lisa said...

I became a facebook fan!

Lisa said...

I think the hankies have to be my favorite thing in your shop - with a 2 year old I go through a lot of hankies LOL!

Mama Lusco said...

Wonderful items! We already use cloth napkins, but haven't used tried sandwich bags yet. Thanks for the giveaway. alusco(at)centurytel(dot)net

Mama Lusco said...

Visited your shop. The reusable lunch baggies are my favorite. Thanks for the giveaway. alusco(at)centurytel(dot)net

Libby said...

I love the sandwich bags, but they all look great !

Libby said...

And over at your store, I loved the Organic Cotton Set of 2 Reusable baggies :)

Anonymous said...

I love the reusable sandwich bags.

Thank you for this wonderful giveaway. I am a 9 years old and home educated. I love to sew and craft. I have my own sewing blog. Right now I am making frog pincushions, sock dolls, bean bags and Christmas tree skirts. I am also doing a giveaway on my blog. My blog is www.sewingsister.blogspot.com . I hope you will stop by and look through my blog and tell me if you like it and enter my giveaway. My mom is doing giveaways on her blog as well. She has two blogs, one for sewing and one for art: www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com and www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

God bless.

Emily

sk8ter dot emily at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, all of them. We would put any of these to good use. Glad to have found your blog.

Sarita said...

love the idea of reusable sandwich bags! thansk for the opportunity to enter your awesome giveaway :)
cheers
sarita0818 at comcast dot net

the monkeys' mama said...

Oooo the reusable sandwich bags are GENIUS! thanks for the great giveaway!

the monkeys' mama said...

as a cloth diapering mama, my favorite item in your store is the Slot to reserve custom hand-knit longies/shorties. your examples are SO cute!

Megan said...

thanks for doing a giveaway! i love the little hankies! sales4mp@gmail.com

Megan said...

i became a facebook fan! sales4mp@gmail.com

Megan said...

on your etsy.com site, i really like your "Upcycled Hankies - set of 6"! sales4mp@gmail.com

Llamabean said...

I love my hankies, old fashioned it may be to some, but so soft on my nose, your giveaway is lovely!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for a bunch of hankies and your's look perfect, especially since I stopped buying kleenex but don't have any hankies available!

Anonymous said...

I like your produce bags in your shop. They are such a good idea.

Mari said...

Flannel yumminess!
I love ALL your items. Your giveaway is sogenerous--thank you!

bethany said...

Such a wonderful bunch of prizes...Thanks!!

Deanne said...

such nice items - i particularly like the idea of the repurposed flannel hankies.

Michele P. said...

I love reusable goodies, its great for the environment!

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Michele P. said...

just became a FB fan M Pineda

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Michele P. said...

from your Etsy shop another item I like is the Large Bulk food bag, it would be perfect for the market and also for helping to ripen my tomatoes in the summer time!

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Steph said...

Wow - love the reusable sandwich backs - that's awesome!

Wrongtree09 said...

I'd love the reusable bags for my daughter's lunchbox. She's starting preschool next month, and I haven't had time to make any of my own.

Wrongtree09 said...

Love the upcycled bags in your etsy store. Just satisfying in every way. Bravo!

Glenda said...

I love the idea of reusable snack bags for my grandson!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Great giveaways! The reusable snack bags would be great for my daughter's lunches.

Linda
RLGF3@att.net

Mutti said...

I would be happy with anything you make but hankies are my favorite!

Anonymous said...

What a fun giveaway! Thanks! Merry Christmas!

Shanda said...

hankies, yes we need lots of those in the winter! I love the idea of reusable sandwich bags. Thanks.
thirtyacrewoods(at)gmail(dot)com)

April in Autumn said...

Those snack bags are great! I've really been trying to stop using disposable stuff so this would be a great start.

April in Autumn said...

I became your fan on that facebook thing (as my grandma says).

April in Autumn said...

In your etsy shop I like the sandwich bags the best, but also the bulk produce bags. I need some more large ones. I bought some from another etsy seller last year, but not enough big ones!

Mirza said...

Cute stuff! I love your ideas.

Mirza said...

I think my favorite thing at your etsy shop are the so soft flannel hankies! Much nicer than boring old kleenex or puffs anyday!

Dr. Bec said...

thanks for a lovely giveaway!

Anonymous said...

Such great useful items! I love lunchbox napkins! My students get a kick out of the ones I have now (they were actually given to me by one of the moms of a former student). Thanks for the chance to win!

tabitha said...

The reusable bags would be wonderful! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What a great giveaway! I would love any of those things. Thanks for the chance to win!

Lindsey G said...

like the "mom grab bag" on your etsy!
grl_4_God@hotmail.com

Lindsey G said...

all of these would be so useful and fulfilling to use cloth instead of throw-away paper all the time!
grl_4_God@hotmail.com

Nanbon44 said...

Snack bags are great, but I would be happy with any of the items.

Amanda said...

These are cute! I LOVE reusable sandwich bags! Big hit at our place too. And I would love to have those hankies! Here's hoping I win! Thanks for the giveaway!

Leigh said...

GREAT giveaway! These are all things I've been meaning to make for my family and just haven't gotten to yet!

Rebecca said...

Great items - thanks for the chance!

Rebecca said...

I'm a Facebook fan :)

Rebecca said...

I really like the food bags! What a clever idea to keep the ribbon attached!

Kelli said...

Great items! I like the looks of the reusable snack bags!

Michele said...

I love your green items. You are so clever!

Susan said...

Tooo cute I would love the chance to win.

Thank You


susansisney@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Love the reusable sandwich bags- great idea!

Olivia said...

Cute stuff and great ideas! Thanks for the chance to win!
hamlin_r@yahoo.com

Fowl Single File said...

Wonderful selection of gifts that would be perfect for a household with kids that use soooo much kleenex this time of year! Thanks for participating!

Kimberly said...

Great stuff!Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Such cute stuff. I would love to win!

Catherine said...

The napkins are so cute!

Lise said...

Thank you for the chance to win! I've been wanting to switch us over to hankies!

Natasha said...

Love the reusable snack bags!! and flannel hankies is a brilliant idea!

Trudy said...

Love the snack packs. Thank you for this wonderful giveaway. Thank you for the opportunity to win.

I am a homeschooling mom of 16 years. I have five children from ages 21 months to 21 years.

I am also having a giveaway; so be sure and stop by my blogs. I have two, one for sewing and one for art. www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com and www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

My 9 year old daughter is also having a giveaway on her sewing blog. Hers is www.sewingsister.blogspot.com

Trudy
trudy dot callan at gmail dot com

Nicole said...

Wow! What a lovely giveaway! I could really use each of these things! Thanks for your generosity!

Hilda said...

awesome giveaway items!

Jingle said...

This is a wonderful collection of goodies! I really love the snack bags!

Ginny said...

I love that you make useful & green items! Off to join your facebook page

Ginny said...

Ok, facebook fan for 2nd entry

sandyandcosmo said...

These are so cute and useful too!

FlowerMomma said...

I love this stuff!

FlowerMomma said...

I'm your facebook fan!

Lora said...

so cute!
thanks for the chance to win!
lora
eagerhands@gmail
ps-check out my blog for a vintage goodie basket giveaway!

Lora said...

i hearted your etsy shop!
lora

Rachel said...

Great reusable projects! Wonderful. :)

Grace Wong said...

ooh, I love the sandwich baggies!
shou.milk@gmail.com

Grace Wong said...

I'm a fb fan!
Grace Wong
shou.milk@gmail.com

Grace Wong said...

I love the set of 6 reusable hankies in your shop!
shou.milk@gmail.com

JD said...

I could use those hankies for sure today... feeling a bit under the weather. It cheers me up to see so many generous people out there in blog land!Thanks for the giveaway!

Jessica said...

These are awesome, thanks for the opportunity!

Anonymous said...

I love the reusable bags - so cute!

Carly said...

Great giveaway! Would love to win! :)

Lynne said...

Wow! I need to make some reusable kitchen/snack bags, they are such a great idea! Thanks for the great giveaway!

ILuvBNaMom said...

What a great giveaway! I could really use those hankies as my little guy is sitting next to me with a runny nose right now. Thanks for the chance to win.

ILuvBNaMom said...

I checked out your etsy shop and really like the mom bag because of the waterproof lining. I'm always lugging around a bunch of kid stuff!

Kelly said...

Wow, what a great GiveAway.
okoraf at netscape dot net

brite said...

Reusable snack bags are genius!!!

Montessori Bee said...

Great giveaways! i love seasonal napkins in my littles lunch bags and I"ve been dying to try reuseable bags
becky818@yahoo.com

♥Duff said...

cute blog!
love the reusable snack bags--I'm a huge "grazer" and would prefer such a smashing item to pull from my purse!

Raheli said...

Hi! I would love to win! We use so many plastic bags packing lunch every day, so a reusable version would be super.
Thanks

Becky said...

What a great give Away. Thanks for the chance to win.

If you have time stop by my blog for a mystery Christmas apron give away :)

Ammieloris said...

These are fantastic. Thanks for sharing these lovely handmade sweeties.

Tina said...

Hankies! Finally. I'm much more a hankie person than I am a Kleenex person

Erin said...

Oh, I love those hankies! I've recently switched completely away from Kleenex to be more eco-friendly, and the ones I have now are a bit... stiff. :-\ Thanks for participating!

Erin said...

I just added your Etsy store to my favorites list - you've got great products! I always feel guilty using disposable anythings, including baggies - I hadn't seen reusable sandwich bags before. You totally win, thank you!

♥Lola said...

All of these are gorgeous!

http://thelifeofthegirlnextdoor.blogspot.com/

bampersandb said...

The baggies are great! Thanks!

Andrea said...

Thanks for helping to take good care of Mother Earth. Please count me in.

Anonymous said...

I would love the reusable snack bags! I never have time to make any for my own kids.

StephanieS said...

Thanks for the chance to win!

StephanieS said...

In your Etsy store the knit pants are the most adorable. I understand that you can't give those away though. Thanks for the extra chance to win!

Suzanne said...

great giveaway. i like the bag with flames!

free indeed said...

Nice concept! Would love to win the snack bags esp for my oldest grandson to use for school lunches.

free indeed said...

I liked the upcycled snack/sandwich bags and the large drawstring gift bag.

Brooke said...

Such a great green giveaway! We would love to use these wonderful things!

Brooke said...

Love the woolies and organic sandwich bags... cute shop!

thanks for the giveaway!

momma rae said...

gosh, we could really use the snack bags and the hankies! thanks for the opportunity. ;)

Lynn Osborne said...

How fun! Thanks for the chance to win! lynnosborne[at]verizon[dot]net

Misty.Creek said...

The sandwich wraps would be so handy for my kids' lunches. Thanks for the giveaway.

Misty.Creek said...

#2--I love your produce bags and bulk food bags--what a great idea!