Friday, March 19, 2010

Knitting



I never posted this photo. This was my last custom order from a "regular". Her little girl isn't so little anymore...these had LONG legs! I've had the best time knitting for her though! These were so cute.

I do want to get back to writing fun articles for this blog. However, I've had a recent knitting sprint. My last pair of woolies for my own baby. He's now totally potty trained. Where did my baby go? But wool makes great pants for a newly trained kiddo b/c a small accident will not necessitate an entire wardrobe change. They'll also help us, his parents, be brave during these first few diaper-free nights! Pretty hand paint wool shorties with elastic waist. I'll add a photo when I finish.

To celebrate this shift in our parenting (no more diapers to wash!!!) I will then start knitting my first large project for ME with some super nice wool. Yay!

What are you knitting right now?

2 comments:

Morgan said...

No washing diapers? I can't even imagine it. I'm currently knitting Pi Socks - the ultimate nerd accessory, with the number of rows per stripe corresponding to the numbers in the number Pi. His & hers socks for a nerdtastic wedding gift. :)

Mountain Knitter said...

I know - totally strange concept! His first diaperless night was last night and he's so "no big deal" about it. *sigh*

Those socks sound very neat! Do you have a link? LOVE it as a wedding gift too! I have some delish sock yarn but have yet to make socks. Something about having to use needles smaller than 5s...