Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pickles!


For the first time in my adult life I made pickles! I planted about 20 cucumber plants with the intent to can all the pickles that we will consume for the next year. Since we are preparing to move soon I instead learned how to make refrigerator pickles. We just do not have the time right now to dive into something that big. I also have volunteer dill in a flower bed that also needs to be used. It has been so much fun to see how far the wind and animals take seeds from the garden! I read every dill recipe I could find but then decided to created my own. Risky, I know. Well.... after a PAINFUL 24 hr wait to test them....

They are delish! The kids and I have a hard time keeping away from them. Right now I am just adding to it when it starts getting low again.

Yay Garden!

1 comment:

thetoddlerwhisperer said...

mmmmmmmmm. my mouth is watering! i have a lot of blossoms on my cucumber plant, so i am REALLY looking forward to their fruition.