Honestly, I've never been a big fan of Valentine's Day. As a teenager I always wore head to toe black. Just because. Having kids has changed many things for me, including this day. It's more about them, less about commercialism. More about how to tell those around us that we love them and less about gross chemicals-disguised-as-candy. Last year I saw this post and I knew exactly what I hoped my kids would agree to make for the day THIS year. Yes, I have been planning this for an entire year! We saved all of our broken crayon bits and peeled them... and peeled and peeled and peeled them.
It was so easy and they turned out so cute. I really enjoyed seeing my 7 and 3 year olds making up their own color combinations and then giggling with excitement when the new crayons were cooled enough to take out of the molds!
My sweetheart and I had several weekend dates of running together on a beautiful trail in some beautiful weather but this morning he managed to surprise me with a BEAUTIFUL box of handmade chocolates from a local shop that has been at the top of my list to visit! They're too pretty to eat. Almost.
What are you doing today? Feel free to link to your blog if you posted about it there!

No comments:
Post a Comment