Thursday, March 3, 2011

Favorite Spots

One thing I've learned from my recent moves is that, no matter how tight a space is, you can still carve favorite spots out. For instance, I'll show you my little sewing nook:
Once upon a time I had what I would call a studio space for my sewing. I am very happy to still have room for my sewing desk, though. VERY happy. And you can tell it's getting plenty of use by how, um, messy it is! I now have to keep my fabrics, yarns and other supplies in a different room, but that's ok. I'm currently trying to draft a special shirt pattern for my son to match a shirt I made for Daddy.

I LOVE having my children's art work on display. Our current abode doesn't allow a suitable wall space for it though. I'm a girl who loves simplicity and clean lines so I had to draw a line at clutter to allow some space (white walls, bleh) to remain PLAIN. But this spot, the back of a door... it beckoned for some color, some handmade goodness! I LOVE it. I need to update it as these paintings are a few months old.
And here's another favorite spot...we decided against putting our kitchen table in the dining area that has off-white carpeting. Seriously, what was someone thinking? Thankfully, the kitchen is large enough to squeeze the table in too. We created a reading nook in the dining area with a favorite old comfy chair. A friend gave me this mobile. This photo does not do it justice. Seriously. It is so soothing and beautiful. We hung it above the reading chair. Perfect. Their company is Wabi-Sabi Studios. You can find them here on Etsy. They also sell through several local shops.
I'm starting to feel settled here. Even if the walls are white.

Do you have favorite spots in your home?





1 comment:

Carol said...

What a lovely mobile! I may just have to make one of those for my studio.