Shock! I mean, I know that SustainableHomestead’s sandwich baggies are wonderful but I had no idea just how great a job they can do to keep snacks fresh! During our trips back and forth to close on a home and then a day later for our big move I packed various snacks and veggies in both cloth and nylon snack baggies and stashed them in my mom bag as well as the 2 backpacks we took with us. If you are a parent, you know the fear that hits you when you find a child’s food or beverage container that you KNOW is old. Ick, right? Yea, then you pray it’s not milk! 1 week+ after packing a cotton baggie with o’s I found them, sitting at the bottom of a backpack with a drawstring bag of emergency little cars. Not only had they NOT fallen out and gotten into every nook and cranny, but they were NOT stale! YES! IN COTTON! When I sold out of my nylon baggies and was out of fabric I tried to convince several people that the cotton ones are becoming my favorite because they work so well. Maybe you’ll believe me now. They’re lovely. If I knew where the video camera was right now (and if I had all the internet stuff set up yet) I’d let you hear the crunch for yourself. I’m not saying it’s going to happen every time because I usually do not try to leave snacks hanging out in baggies for 1+ weeks but…. You get the point. YAY for cotton!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment