Sunday, August 8, 2010

Treasures - What To Do?

More unpacking…. Discovered my remaining stash of longies for my little guy. Oh my. I have already picked out a few of the tiny ones to keep and treasure for always and have passed on others but now what do I do with these?

Big Duke “D” with stripey legs, shorties with an “R” on the booty, bear fetish with stripey legs and Christmas red and white stripey among others. When he was close to outgrowing these I just let him wear them hard…and they look it. Some were knit with mediocre wool that I happened to have in my stash. Sure, I might be able to wash them up and make them look great again… but do I want to give these treasured babyhood remnants away?

I am thinking that I might felt them and cut drink coasters out of them. I think I would like constant reminders of my little baby/toddler that is now a little guy. What do you think?

2 comments:

thetoddlerwhisperer said...

It's hard to part with little treasures like that. I have a box of special clothes from my babies when they were tiny...things that mean a lot to me. The rest I gave away. Felting and making coasters is a cool idea...I don't know if I could do that. :)

Mountain Knitter said...

yea, i might cry in a little while - they're in hit water right now in the washer! I allowed myself to keep 2 pairs of longies. They were the teeny ones. I am excited about my idea though. I pulled 2 pairs out that were in good-great shape made with really nice yarn that I'll unravel and use again. I'll try to post pics when I'm finished with the others.